The Bottom Line
- Available online as downloads
- Offers usable information, resources
- Addresses research, transition to adulthood
- Useful for parents, teachers, AND self-advocates
- Can be somewhat technical
- Four free downloadable pamphlets
- Include information, resources, worksheets, more.
- Intended for parents, teachers, self-advocates.
- Loaded with useful, actionable content.
- Did I mention they're free?
Guide Review - Life Journey Through Autism - Free Downloadable Autism Resources
- A Guide for Transition to Adulthood
- An Educator's Guide to Autism
- An Educator's Guide to Asperger Syndrome
- A Parent's Guide to Research
The Parent's Guide to Research is a thorough presentation of where to find research, how to read it, and what to do about it. It's tough for those with relatively little science background, but for those interested in following and keeping up to date with new findings, it's a terrific resource.
Both of the teacher manuals are solid resources with their best quality being their brevity. Unlike most "how-to" books, they cut straight to the chase, offering useful information, actionable tools, and a range of educational and social/communication skill-building resources. They are a great resource for schools and an even better resource for parents working toward a better educational experience for their child with autism.