As Autism Awareness Month draws to a close, my thoughts are fast turning to NEXT month - and Mother's Day.
This year, I'm inviting autism moms to submit a guest blog to be published on this site during the month of May. Here are the details:
- Autism moms (or the people who love them) are invited to submit a guest blog of up to 1,000 words. These should be personal reflections on motherhood and autism rather than essays on the state of the autism community, public policy, etc.
- Photos and short author bios are welcome but optional. Be sure you have the rights to any images and can provide a credit and caption.
- If you are already a blogger, please send me an original piece that is NOT presently on your blog, along with a link to your blog so I can include it in the post.
- I'm hoping to include moms of all sorts - that is, international moms; moms of very young children and moms of adults; moms who are themselves autistic and moms who never heard of autism until their child was born; moms of children with Asperger syndrome and moms of children with severe autism... moms who are hopeful and moms who are discouraged, moms who write for a living and moms who are just now starting to put their experiences in writing.
- While I am open to all kinds of moms, I will not be publishing blogs that are thinly veiled (or unveiled) ads or promotions for a particular therapy, therapist, product, political belief, etc.
Please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to let me know you plan to submit a blog. I'm asking that blogs be submitted between now and May 8, 2011 (Mother's Day).
PLEASE PASS THIS POST ALONG!