I'm planning for new content on this site, and wonder what you feel would be most helpful to you? Here are a few of my specific ideas; let me know if any of these float your boat, or whether you have other, better ideas. Based on your responses to this blog, I'll create a poll to prioritize.
- Directories (by US state) of private autism schools
- Ideas and resources for homeschooling children with autism
- Recipes and resources for special diets and supplements
- Information, resources and ideas for community inclusion
- Ideas and information and managing behaviors, handling discipline
- Low cost, DIY and long-distance therapeutic options
- Articles on teen issues (dating, hygiene, post-high school programs, college, job training)
- Articles on adults issues (housing, SSI, employment, marriage, etc.)
- Articles on adult self-advocacy (the politics of autism)
- Medical issues related to autism (seizure disorders, mood disorders, etc.)
I'd also like to know whether you are interested in keeping abreast of autism "politics" -- controversies over vaccines, fundraising, health insurance, etc. -- or whether you're more concerned with day-to-day living.
Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.