1. Health
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

Grants for Families of Children with Autism

By January 19, 2008

There's no doubt about it: autism is expensive. For some families, though, the cost of autism can be devastating. That's why the National Autism Association has created a grant program specifically for families of children with autism who are in financial crisis.

If you are a family residing in the United States with a child on the autism spectrum aged birth to 18, you may qualify for the grant. The maximum you may request is $1,500. Money from the grant may be applied ONLY to biomedical treatments, supplements or therapies for your child with autism - and the money is paid directly to vendors (not to families).

Similar grants are offered to families by Act-Today for Autism, Autism Family Resources, and United Healthcare Children's Foundation. The important point to note is that money from these grants never goes directly to families - and it may be used only for autism treatments and related costs (not to, for example, keep the house warm in winter).

If you are in search of a grant for autism treatment, these grant opportunities are legitimate resources. Many advertised grant opportunities, however, are not. A Google search will almost certainly lead you to sites and ads for "free grants for autism." Many of these organizations will require you to pay in advance for your "free grants" - an absurd idea, since grant, by their very nature, are "free."

If any agency or individual requests money from you as part of a grant application process, run fast and far. Then, consider reporting that agency or individual to the police.

Do you know of other legitimate grant programs for families coping with autism? If so, please let us know! Know of any to be avoided? Your help is appreciated!

January 19, 2008 at 7:56 pm
(1) Nicole Caldwell, M.Ed. says:

Autism Speaks also offers family services grants for projects in the areas of education, recreation/community activities, equipment/supportive technology, and young adult/adult services. Here is the link for more information: http://www.autismspeaks.org/community/fsdb/grants.php . Thanks for posting the others. I haven’t heard of these programs yet!

Nicole Caldwell of http://www.PositivelyAutism.com/

January 20, 2008 at 8:13 am
(2) autism says:

Thanks, Nicole!

Actually, there are MANY organizations that offer grants to support programs aimed at families with autism (Doug Flutie Foundation and numerous others). Of course, Autism Speaks is a major player in that arena.

But (unless I really misread their guidelines?) Autism Speaks does not provide grants directly to families for treatments, do they?

To be fair, most foundations do NOT provide grants to individual families for anything at all, thought there are a few foundations that, for example, provide grants to individual artists and writers… but the vast majority are interested in funding programs that serve families – not the families themselves. It’s no small project to manage such grants: I’m assuming that the foundation itself must cut individual checks to individual therapists and vendors based on individual bills from families…must be quite a project!

Lisa (autism guide)

January 20, 2008 at 3:41 pm
(3) Lori says:

Does anyone know of grants that can be requested by a therapy center that offers social skills groups for children with autism?

January 21, 2008 at 12:49 pm
(4) Autism Society of Connecticut says:

The Autism Society of Connecticut provides grants directly to families (in CT only) to help them pay for safety and security equipment (like fences, door alarms, specialized car seats) to help keep our loved ones with ASD safe and secure. Program applciations are available online starting in February of each year. ASCONN also is currently providing scholarship money directly to families (in CT) for social skills groups for Girls with ASD. Go to http://www.asconn.org or e-mail asconn@sbcglobal.net for more information.

January 21, 2008 at 3:22 pm
(5) jaymee hewitt says:


this is the most interesting research ive read in my 23 years of parenting an autistic child. further research shows that graphs of the rise in autism correspond directly to the use of sonograms. jaymee

February 17, 2008 at 3:49 am
(6) Sharon Welker says:

This is wonderful information because autism is expensive for families, especially the medical treatment. The other comments were very helpful also, so thank you for those, as well!

March 6, 2008 at 10:45 pm
(7) Dannette says:

I am an adult who has been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome/High Functioning autism, and it is one of my pet peeves that people treat AS/HFA and Kanner’s as childhood diseases that pass like the measles. AND I loathe the fact that our government does the same. I get SSI but is so small an amount it is hard to believe. I can’t cover food, rent, meds and treatment. So do any of you know of sites that help all of who are growing older if not growing up?


April 29, 2008 at 3:39 pm
(8) Felicia Wright says:

I have a 15 year old brother and he is having a diffucult time in high school. I was wondering if anyone knew of any grant money to help me get him home schooled.

June 8, 2008 at 1:42 am
(9) stephen says:

D M R does…the lady who ran the one in my home town was rude . I asked her to no longer come to my house …I really did not someone in my home anyway..I rather he be taught at a class

July 12, 2008 at 7:55 am
(10) Lisa says:

The Dream Factory used to grant wishes to autistic children, but they changed this on 3-1-08. Their by-laws now state no dreams will be granted for autistic children. I’ve e-mailed the national director to get an explanation, but have not heard back yet.

July 27, 2008 at 7:55 pm
(11) noelle says:

Does anyone no of a organization that helps financially with camp fees, social building skills and any out of school activities for autistic children. Alos not just for families making under %$50,000.00 Some middle class families also need help. Thank you

August 5, 2008 at 12:59 pm
(12) Sabrina says:

We make over $20,000 per family member in our household and we need help with paying for our childs theropy. Is there any organization that helps out with middle class families that need help too?

August 21, 2008 at 10:20 am
(13) angie says:

Does anyone know of grants that may fund playground equipment for a family with autistic twins ?

September 4, 2008 at 2:11 am
(14) Dawn says:

Just to let everybody in on something: the website that is advertising grants to families with children on the spectrum
is requesting money. Like the article above states, grants money is from the government and you do not have to pay anything up front to receive it.
Just thought I would try to maybe help save somebody from falling for their trap. Thanks a lot:)

September 27, 2008 at 7:14 pm
(15) tracey says:

Does any one know where I can get help paying for a safty fence for my son who is on the autism spectrum?

October 6, 2008 at 8:05 pm
(16) kristen says:

My daughter has been diagnosed with autism spectrum, and within seconds will disappear from our eyes and yard, like tracey, I was wondering if there is any help funding for a fence?

October 10, 2008 at 1:03 pm
(17) Sarah says:

check with your local MRDD for money for a fence. Many times they provide money for safety needs.

October 10, 2008 at 8:32 pm
(18) Kina says:

I was going to pay the shipping and handling for Autism.GrantKit.org 2.95. when I came to the screen to enter my credit card infomation, they have a disclaimer that in 14 days a fee of 39.95 will charged to your credit card.

I’m a single mother trying to find funds for my autisic son. I have been told to try SSI, does any have any other suggestions?

October 13, 2008 at 10:22 am
(19) Jenn says:

My son is an eloper, and we were able to get a fence through the agency we use, they got the grant money through e-mod. I have two children with autism, and I really used to get peeved because agencies and the like have turned to serving the “family”. This means that a family with one autistic child will receive the same amount of funding as one with multiply affected children. On one hand, I understand because the system is overwhelmed by this epidemic. However, as I work for a non-profit agency myself, I know darn well that they are billing OMRDD individually for each of my children and being paid individually for both. I think the diagnosis of autism alone is going to be pared down significantly in the future for servicing – in other words, it will not be enough to have autism alone. They will be looking for others such as MR to really structure who gets what for services. And I have no problem with that because honestly, I don’t believe that a child with mild aspergers should get equal funding as a child with autism and severe MR.

October 19, 2008 at 3:00 am
(20) jeff brooks says:

your local mental health has a subsidy fund
for asd,severe impaired,and a few others
quite easy to work with as long as you have
a diagnosis i’am from michigan we receive $230.00 a month easy to quailify long as you dont make over $60,000 year we also receive $637..00 for ssi and state help $150.00 every 2 weeks $300.00 food card gas,electric help if needed single dad with 6 year old boy asd he has came a long way from totaly non funtioning to very well functioning with diet,1on1,other tricks
i had done it all by myself nobody understood, it was so hard i dont khow how i did it milk,yeast,glutens,sugars,epson SALT
BATHS WITH LAVENDER OIL,patience,water with a pinch of salt realy helps over time.i truly
beleive if you heal there gut they just feel so much better some have leaky gut some have constipation vegitarian diets are a lifesaver
if you can doit,so much garbage they put in what we eat any more.i’m willing to help anyone who needs it i have alot of knowledge
with autism i understand it as much as you can.my son is doing great some sensory mostly bugs,slight behavier,where and when sense of time questions are tough for him. stay strong
if you know in your heart your doing it right
i promise it will pay off. no milk,dairy,sugars,especialy no artificial sugars use all natural raw foods for starters.



November 12, 2008 at 11:14 am
(21) Justin says:

Just also wanted people to know that the link for http://www.autism.grantkit.org also signs you up for other behind-the scenes programs that charge $40/month. Another group praying on the desparation of others.

December 4, 2008 at 9:25 am
(22) Margaret Fernandez says:

I know that parents want more therapy and are struggling. I have found that children with autism benefit from therapy that is one on one and provides multiple ways to get the same information across to them. I have made a website of therapy materials and home programs that involved awesome parents like yourselves can access. I am also available by phone for information free to anyone and I’m a shoulder to lean on! I’m studying to get my masters in speech pathology and I love kids with disabilities. They are so strong and ambitious and they are a joy to work with! Please check out my site, and remember I’m just a start-up but my life long goal is to have a company that makes software and provides therapy via home programs to save money and give parents support!

December 8, 2008 at 10:54 am
(23) jerri says:

hi im from ARKANSAS I have a 4yrold daughter who has autism,she says very few words,but very brite she understands most things u say to her.she also has a behavorial issue to the point were she has been kicked out of preschool and admitted in a behavorial hospital, that work for 2weeks than she was back to herslf being agressive,hitting,scratching other kids in her classroom breaking the skin.just wwould like to know if their were more resources out their we have very few help here.shes been taking meds since 15months and still havent maintain her behavor yet,if u have any valuable information that u can share with me or talk with me sometimes i really would appreciate it my friendsand familky dnt understand how hard it is.its hard to keep a job because she sleeps vey little so i be
tired.thanks for taking out the time to read my story.5017441650 her’s my number

December 16, 2008 at 9:13 pm
(24) Tonya says:

I empathize with the above comment that mild Aspberger’s shouldn’t get equal amounts of funding as a child with Autism &/or MR. That doesn’t change the fact that many of the problems are the same; frustration on his part because he can’t always explain his feelings, instead acting out. He was kicked out of his school a couple weeks ago & in the process, I was fired for absenteeism.
Any resources, help, ideas…anything would be appreciated. Aspberger’s is real also.

December 27, 2008 at 10:21 am
(25) Don says:

There is a Applied Behavior Analysis tuition grant for autistic children who live in central Virginia. The details can be found at http://www.autismgrant.org/

January 12, 2009 at 11:22 pm
(26) Stacy says:

Hi !! I was having the same problems with my stepson , we were lucky we had pretty mmuch exhausted every agency in my county , and discovered an agency called Northwestern Human Services , I don’t know if this in your area or not but it’s worth a try .

February 1, 2009 at 6:13 am
(27) Alexis Smith says:

I was looking up grants as well. I found this one on Autism Help Network. You have to scroll past the scholarship information. They do provide grants for families to pay for therapy,

March 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm
(28) Sarah says:

Caution – this link is blocked by my computer as being a malicious site.

April 20, 2009 at 9:21 pm
(29) Cindy says:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get help? My son was diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well as DiGeorge Syndrome, which involves several things. We tried for SSI to find out we make to much money. For a family of 3 and my husband currently only working 3 days a week making probably $40,000 this year if that and it has been very difficult. I tried to get help with fencing in our backyard to keep him safe as well as getting new doors for our older home that he can very easily open the doors and we live on a very busy highway, but haven’t had any luck. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

April 22, 2009 at 4:48 pm
(30) Vacationaire Family Autism Resort says:

While this is not fully related to grants, it is to those families that are dealing with a diagnosis of Autism. If any of the families on this webpage have a desire to travel but don’t because it is so hard to do with a family member who has someone on the Autism Spectrum, this lodge may be for you (may not be entirely helpful if you don’t live in Minnesota, but they will take anyone). The Vacationaire lodge is a Lodge and Restaurant in beautiful Park Rapids, MN that is owned and run by a licensed psychologist who is offering taylor made, individualized family vacations for families who have a member who is autistic. The vacations offer family, marital, individual therepy from licensed professionals as well as real life scenarios and best practices to be able to cope with the many problems that are faced on a day to day basis. It’s also in a extremely relaxing setting of the North woods of Minnesota on a beatiful lake with many activities. Their goal is to focus on parents and families of the autistic member because so often any thoughts of personal relaxation is put out of the question. Well this lodge offers a safe environment and structured activies for all memembers of the family so that each person has an oppurtunity to get something for themselves (mom and dad massages, kid’s going fishing or swimming, etc.) Check it out!

April 23, 2009 at 1:03 pm
(31) Bridget says:


May 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm
(32) Cindy says:

I have tried several places for financial help and have always been told we make to much money. We are going to be lucky to even make $40,000 this year and they still say it is to much for any kind of assistance. The only help my son currently receives is the medical access card, which we are very greatful to have. He does have an autism spectrum diagnosis along with other health problems and we get no additional help. If there is something out there, someone please let me know. I tried our local mental health facility, but they said they no longer fund for fencing to keep our son safe. Desperate mom looking for help. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

May 14, 2009 at 5:10 pm
(33) Wende Weinstein says:

I have a neighbor who is raising 2 children on her own on a very low income job. Her eldest, autism spectrum, is in high school and an extraordinary artist (multimedia). She was about $1,000 shy of being able to attend a summer arts program for gifted students last summer. She has been accepted for this summer at 3 pretigious summer arts programs in the Boston area, and is in need of about $1,000 to meet the tuition/board expenses. Are there any organizations that provide small grants to the family for this kind of situation? The schools state that they cannot accept money on behalf of an individual.

July 10, 2009 at 6:19 pm
(34) Rebecca says:

Also, Friends of Man assist with a grant for families with kids with special needs. My son (diagnosed with ASD) received one to help him with his therapies.

August 7, 2009 at 1:30 pm
(35) Jonathan Ogugua says:

I want to commend your organization for your invaluable assistance to families with autism victims.I want to appeal very passionately that the assistance should not be restricted to only the families in the USA.It would be deeply appreciated if a helping hand can be given to some of us from the developing countries -Nigeria.
Thanks for your consideration.

August 23, 2009 at 9:04 pm
(36) Marjorie Greenberg says:

Arkansas is, for this year only, offering up to $5000 grants to any adult or child with an autism diagnosis by a doctor. You cannot be on the HCBW, but ANY income level qualifies.

I know, sounds crazy, but medical or therapy costs covered as long as documented by a worker.

My website http://www.eyecontactarkansas.org will have more on this in a few days, or try and contact Arkansas DHS directly. The funds are from the autism intensive waiver program.

August 27, 2009 at 5:49 pm
(37) Marie says:

The State of Michigan offers a family support subsidy for familys with autistic children and the money can be used by care givers anyway that is needed for the family.

September 5, 2009 at 6:44 pm
(38) Jennifer says:

I am also a parent of a child with ASD (Asperger Syndrome & Anxiety) and have also spent the last 6 years providing case management, advocacy help, special education support, and services coordination assistance to families of children with special needs. It would be extremely helpful if posters listed the state that they reside in…I live in RI so my familiarity & knowledge of available services, funding, and medical insurances is mainly within RI or surrounding states in New England; however I am happy to offer anyone in any state my assistance and support.

In response to one poster, Cindy, and for families who do not qualify for SSI due to family income, you may apply for Katie Beckett or the Deeming Waiver depending on the state that you live in. This is a Medicade waiver program, meaning your child would qualify for medicaid and be able to access medicaid related services available in your state based on the countable income for qualifying individual (i.e. the income of the child applying for services) and not the parent’s or household income. I will put my two cents in and tell you that when applying for this, you must complete the application with this version of your child: Your child at his/her worst, without services or support (i.e. exclude progress, document only how your child would do without any services and not how well your child does with current services, etc.) as the point is to show that your child requires the level of care specified in the eligibilty criteria in order to remain at home in your care. I can’t tell you how many parents have a hard time noting only the negative and have had difficulty accessing this waiver because the picture painted wasn’t severe enough to qualify their child!

There are many organizations who provide funding, and local agencies as well depending on the state that you reside in. National 2-1-1 is a good resource for services and has individual state lists for resources http://www.211.org/
specialized schools, therapy centers, some community centers, human service agencies, and doctors offices are also good places to seek resource lists in your state and/or local town or city.

If you would like to email me directly with any questions or requests for information please feel free to at jennifr313@yahoo.com I will reply to all emails and let you know if I have the information you seek or was able to find it. I intend on making a web page of resources for families with children with special needs but have not been able to do so just yet…hopefully in the near future I will be able to post here with a link to such!

I will share one last thing for encouragement, although Autism Spectrum Disorders or Pervasive Developmental Disorders are all unique, as they each present different diagnosis criteria, (Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder NOS, Asperger Syndrome, Rhett’s Disorder, and Childhood Disintegrative Disorder) some of the same resources and therapies are helpful and beneficialacross the spectrum. As parents and caregivers of children with special needs, we all experience a degree of frustration, confusion, helplessness, and the need to provide more for our children than families with typical children. Sometimes the financial and time burdens we face make life and relationships very difficult for us. I do not believe in lessening a family’s needs because someone else might ‘have it worse off’ or that one family or child shouldn’t be entitled to or not apply for specific grants, awards, assistance, therapies, etc. because they or others believe that someone else needs it more. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen this in my work or have read it…We all need help, and we are all entitled to it, and shouldn’t feel alone through our journeys! All too often one will hear a parent or caregiver say that they do not have support and no one in therir family understands! I can speak personally as well on this, especially with Asperger Syndrome, as these children at times seem very typical and are denied services, funding, labeled behavioral, put in behavioral settings that cause more damage than good, do not receive appropriate educational support, are largely misunderstood, and parents are seen as the source of the behaviors for not appropriately disciplining their child, and the toll that this takes on us emotionally, physically, and on our child and families… Band together because we all share a pretty special commonality!

September 17, 2009 at 5:24 pm
(39) jenny says:

does anybody know where i cash my cheque i received for home tuition

September 22, 2009 at 2:49 pm
(40) leslie says:

Do children with autism qualify for ssi?

November 19, 2009 at 1:34 pm
(41) Valerie Goliday says:

I thought the autism grant could be used to help pay for education, my daugther is 11yrs old and the school she is in right now isnt really helping her needs. We can not afford private school for her. She really needs a tudor for math 5th grade math is real hard for her. We need so much help she cant get disability because of our income what are we supposed to do we cant get help from anywhere.

December 17, 2009 at 8:02 am
(42) viviana says:

Good morning,

I am Viviana Müller and live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Mother of a 6 year old girl named Elizabeth which is autistic.
She goes everyday to kindergarten and to an educational, therapeutic center ” Fundación Creciendo con los ángeles” (www.cre-angeles.org.ar) which is specific for autistic children nearby. They are doing a wonderful job with my girl and rest of concurrents.
They have many problems with 10 concurrents for their health insurance has been delayed in payments for the last 8 months.
They want to help these children with their tratments and want to ask for a grant to support the continuity of their treatments.

Do you know any foundation or organization which could give a grant for 8 months to cover the cost? I guess has to be an international organization which may focus on Argentina.

I would very much appreciate your answer.

March 2, 2010 at 5:07 am
(43) chad says:

I am a parent of an 18 year old who was recently diagnosed with asbergers syndrome. she has been recieving therapy now for a few months and seems to be doing much better in some areas. she is really persistant about starting community college at first and getting some of her basics out of the way and I was wondering if their were any grants,etc that she could be eligable for?

thank you,

April 25, 2010 at 8:50 am
(44) Misty says:

There is no “treatment” for autism…its not a disease!!!

May 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm
(45) Jennifer says:

Hello, I was wondering id anyone knew of any grants that help pay for childcare for kids with autism. My son has asperger’s syndrom and no daycare facility will take him or is able to deal with his disability. I have a friend that is able to watch him daily but i cannot afford to pay her to do this. Does anyone know of a grant that might help me with this. I am a single mother with 2children. I make only 18,000 per year and I do not get any support for either of my children. Please email me at jcbradbu@gmail.com if you know anything. Thank you so much.

June 24, 2010 at 8:09 pm
(46) Michelle D says:

We are in Michigan and my 6 yr old receives SSI benefits based on my montly income, Family Support Subsidy (less than $60,000 income), Medicaid insurance (which doesnt cover any therapies she needs though) and respite care. Check with your State/County health and human services department for help with daycare costs and food assistance (also income based). Also do a search for Respite organizations for your state. If you are in Michigan and in Oakland or Macomb counties look up MORC (Macomb Oakand Regional Center) and you can go in and apply for respite (help with babysitting so parents can have a break in caregiving). MORC can also help obtain grants for camps, equipment for therapies etc…
I am here to find grant information to help with the high costs of supplements and various other therapies needed.
Best wishes to all parents trying to help their child!

June 27, 2010 at 9:33 pm
(47) Rickey Scarbrough says:

Maggie’s Hope was founded to fund initiatives for families with children experiencing Autism. Email us Recovery@MaggiesHope.org for more details.

July 19, 2010 at 12:29 am
(48) C. DRIHARDJANTO says:

Dear Madame / Sir,
I was 43 years old man work in local company at Jakarta Indonesia, have 4 children, 1st and 2nd boys named : Andre & Ryan were twins born in Jakarta August 7th 1997, 3trd is girl named : Dina was born at April 12th 1999 and Dessy was born at December 16th 2001.

My twins (1st & 2nd) both were diagnostic with doctor as “autism infantil”….now they need therapy & study, how can i get foundation for my children?
Thank a lot.

Candida Drihardjanta,
Email : candida@trac.astra.co.id

July 30, 2010 at 9:23 pm
(49) Frank says:

Here is a nice video about a family gtting help.


October 15, 2010 at 10:26 pm
(50) Eloundia says:

I am a single mother with a 5 year old daughter with Autism. I am so afraid one night if me or my son pass out sleeping she will learn how to open the front or back door and off she goes running down the street. I need help to secure my back yard so if this was to happen she can not run down the street. She does not listen very well when outside she just takes off running. I am afraid I also have a pedophile that lives right next door. She gets very little outside and with a fence I can maybe keep up with her. I have the child prove knobs, dead bolt and hook latch on the front door. I need my home to be safe if anyone knows of some place I can get some funding to help secure my daughter please email me info. God Bless

October 17, 2010 at 11:33 pm
(51) Daniel says:

Eloundia, I’m sorry to hear about your daugher. I too have a daughter that is 5 and was diagnosed with autism when she was 2 years old. We live on a corner and watch all 3 of our kids like a hawk. Our daughter has been healed to the point where our biggest danger is her not being aware of the danger of the cars in the street. If you are unable to fund a fence, I reccomend to you the autism center that has gotten our daughter healthy enough to be in a normal kindegarten class. http://www.nnyautismcenter.com They have been helpful in every way, and the research going on through them is phenominal. I’ll pray for your family’s situation.

November 21, 2010 at 11:59 pm
(52) @justinsrecovery says:

Generation Rescue has grants as well. I’ve just applied and know first hand how a parent with an autistic child struggles in the regular economy let alone a broken down one. This is their website: http://www.generationrescue.org/about/grants

Much luck to all you parents of special needs, we all deserve a metal for all we do and go thru; our struggles are many but we must always count our blessings. They are special children.

November 22, 2010 at 12:48 pm
(53) Robin says:

I have a son with Down Syndrome and he does have autism. Im in desperate need of financial help to send him to a private school. I lived in NM for 15 years and did not get anywhere. Now Im in Branson,MO and still not getting anywhere. Please Help me I want to put him in the Camphill Special School in PA and I can not afford it. Please Robin

December 8, 2010 at 7:55 pm
(54) Val says:

I live in New Hampshire. I have a 9 year old daughter with low muscle tone,asperger’s,and anxiety. I was denied ssi and now awaiting court. I need someone to help. I am seeking grants and help in knowing what to do next.

December 18, 2010 at 12:09 am
(55) Gabriella says:

I am desperate to find a grant to help with legal fees to cover the cost of a legal advocate to help my adopted autistic daughter get the education she deserves. The schools keep playing the medical vs. educational card and even though my daughter has a complete diagnosis through the U of M neuropsych center and I am not in my 2nd school with her, we still are not receiving the services we need. I have accomplished a lot with the advocate that I have but now I need someone with a legal background. Does anyone know who might be able to help me? I am desperate for my daughter.

January 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm
(56) Diana says:

If you live in the state of Michigan, you can apply for a family subsidy program and as long as you make under 60k a yr and have a disabled child or special needs child, you will qualify for 222.11 grant each month.

February 13, 2011 at 7:28 pm
(57) Joyce Long says:

I have several friends who have grandchildren or children with autism. Most of these autistic people are either in their teens or are young adults. In our area of rural Colorado there are very few residential homes for them to live in when the primary caregiver is unable to care for them any longer. The one grandmother is the primary caregiver and is trying to get funding to establish a residential home for autistic adults. She has tried to get a grant but has not been successful.

Any leads, ideas, or tips would be greatly appreciated. The proposed project is called Amber House, after her autistic granddaughter.

Please contact me at
Joyce Long
29800 North Rd
Hotchkiss, CO 81419

Thank you.

April 29, 2011 at 2:22 am
(58) SK says:
Leave a Comment

Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.

We comply with the HONcode standard
for trustworthy health
information: verify here.